Technical diving in ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marc.collin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi

do you have any suggestion of tech dive in lake huron, onrario, erie, michigan (for next year)

I search around 200 feet wreck

any charter to suggest for every place

thanks

@fullytek does an early summer of dive charters in Lake Ontario (Picton) with some technical trips in the schedule. While not 200', I know that they are on some beautiful stuff outside recreational realm...

They also do a number of other technical dives in the "upper Great Lakes"....

Osprey Charters (Lake Erie) is "shop charters", but does occasional technical trips you might be able to do through the hiring shop. Their information is on their dive calendar one they start booking in the spring.

The Roy A Jodrey in Alexandria Bay, NY. Max. depth 240ft but with enough to see above 200ft to keep you busy for many dozens of dives. One of the finest wrecks in the Great Lakes / St Lawrence and can be dived from either the US or Canadian side, with the latter requiring a stop at customs on the boat at Heart Island. From the US side I recommend Blue Foot Diving / All About Scuba 1000 Islands. Blue Foot is the charter, All About Scuba is the dive shop—they work together. Their owners, Andrew Driver and Bob Sherwood, respectively, probably have over a thousand dives on the Jodrey between them. Good people, and I doubt anyone knows the wreck better than them. For a Canadian side departure, Helen Cooper at Dive Brockville is great to dive with.

Apart from the wrecks mentioned, there are tons of options up around Apena way. Becky runs trips up that way regularly I think...

Face to face with the Daniel J. Morrell

(I appreciate you said in Ontario, but you also say Lake Michigan...)

Erie - there are a couple of deeper wrecks in the 150-200' range - i like Osprey charters.
http://ospreydive.com/pages/Shipwreck.aspx

Lake Huron - lots to see on the Michigan side. For the Harbor Beach area I like Double action dive charters.
Scuba Dive Lake Huron and Lake Michigan | Great Lakes Wreck Diving

For the presque ilse/alpena area - Jitka with Great lake explorers or Brian with Black Dog Charters.

Others mentioned are interesting too.

have fun lots of diving here.

Lake Michigan out of Hammond, IN - the Thomas Hume. Gorgeous schooner that went down in the early 1890s. 145ft to the sand. Use the above mentioned Double Action Dive Charters.

Out of Milwaukee, there is the Milwaukee Carferry. - 130ft to the sand.

Back
Top Bottom