Tech Rental Gear on Big Island - Poll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thalassamania

Diving Polymath
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
On a large pile of smokin' A'a, the most isolated
# of dives
5000 - ∞
My wife has opened a room in our house and an outbuilding as vacation rentals. A couple of potential guests (knowing my background) have inquired about the availability of rental gear, since it has become difficult to travel with gear on the airlines these days. Now, renting diving gear is about has hard as tripping over lava rock here on the Big Island ... but renting tech gear is a whole 'nother story. There is nowhere to rent a BP/w, long hosed reg setup, real DPV, Doubles, spring-strap tech fins, etc. So ... I'm thinking of putting in perhaps several sets of gear ... small single tank donuts, medium sized double tank wings, cross-over manifolds, slingshot valves, maybe side mounts, left handed valves, etc. Anyway ... I'm interested to see if there is any demand for this.

I would have like to have rented a real scooter while I was in Kona. Mine is far to heavy to travel with.

If you had something like the Halcyon cinch system, and a long hose reg setup, I'd travel without my gear and be happy as a clam to rent. I don't know about tanks . . . I adore diving Al80 doubles in warm water, but I doubt the dive boats in Hawaii would be very happy to see me with them.

[...] I adore diving Al80 doubles in warm water, but I doubt the dive boats in Hawaii would be very happy to see me with them.

Just a data point: There are at least two charter operators here on the Big Island who are happy to accomodate divers with double 80s, double lp85s, double hp100s...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom