Tech question about the SMART AIR diving computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone.

It's my first post here and i had a question about the Mares Smart Air dive computer.

I bought this computer 2 weeks ago just before making a trip to egypt to dive. The computer worked great and had no problems at all. Whe i came back i wanted to import the dives from the computer in the mares software to log dives (mares dive organizer 2.22).
But when i put it in the USB port and in the watch and set it on pc mode REAdy. the red light will turn on so it is connected. but the software from mares says that the device is not supported!!

How is this possible and how can i make it happen that the computer will connect?
I have the smart air with firmware version 1.0182.

I hope someone can help me so the software will recognize the dive computer.

in the manual of the Mares Smart Air it says that it can be connected so that's why i tought that it should work. Also on the website of Mares when you go to the product page and look for the smart air there is also a link with downloads. the software is also standing there so i should think that it should work.

I realy hope that someone can and will help me with this one.

THNX

Remy van de Mortel

Have you also made a complaint at mares? Please do so maybe if we doe this with more people they will do something about it.

I don't know if u use diving log 6.0? i use this program also to log my dives. And when i put the problem on their forum they made it work with a new .dll file i had to put in my program file. so in taht program it works and the dives are downloaded from the computer.

THNX.

Found a true fix (for me): Installing the software driver for the USB bridge, which can be downloaded from this link. After installing it (make sure to give it permission to run in Security - it should prompt you), DiversDiary connects and downloads the logs just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom