Tech books to Read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikadoWu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Recently I finished reading 3 of Simon Pridmore books. I found them enlightening, reminding me of things I forgot, or introducing new ideas to thoughts.

So after years of resistance, I have decided to try my hand at technical diving. The class will be starting in around 6-8+ weeks, depending on Schedules.

Course schedule
1. TDI Cavern Diver
2. TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver
3. TDI Decompression Procedures

From reading the forums, and speaking to a few tech divers, I keep hearing the same thing. Few of the books are Strong Manuals. Though one TDI guy, though NAUI's material was pretty decent.

So, while I am waiting for the class, I would love to do a little reading. Can anyone suggest some books that would line up with my training?

Thank you......

Technical Diving: An Introduction by Mark Powell

Six Skill and Other Discussions by Steve Lewis

Under Pressure by Gareth Locke

Those should keep you occupied for a while

Technical Diving: An Introduction by Mark Powell

Six Skill and Other Discussions by Steve Lewis

Under Pressure by Gareth Locke

Those should keep you occupied for a while

Awesome. Thank you Sir.

The new editions of some or all TDI books are far, far better than those many of us had several years ago. You might be pleasantly surprised. The PADI materials are also pretty good, IMO.

Since you're heading down the physical overhead path as well, Sheck Exley's books should be on the list too. Caverns Measureless to Man, The Taming of the Slough, Blueprint for Survival, etc.

Both of Mark Powell's books.

The Last Dive is good, as well as Shadow Divers.

While course manuals are fun, it's good to have historical perspective and understanding as well.

@MikadoWu

Have you gotten the class texts yet? The deco procedures book will take you a while to get through.

those mark powell books.

The Darkness Beckons , Martyn Farr

Essentials of Cave Diving, Jill Heinerth

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom