Tec 45 in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rabe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I might be in Thailand for easter and I was thinking to do my PADI Tec45 course there.
I've seen many shops offer the course, and the prices are pretty much the same.
Also the reviews online are pretty much the same...
Any suggestion? Any direct experience?
Thanks in advance!

At Koh Tao, Simple Life Diving had a senior instructor (Zak) who taught their tec courses. During my dive master course (December 2017), I had the pleasure of diving with Zak a few times and we approached the dive like a tec dive from the briefing, signalling, ascending, etc. If I were to do any PADI courses, I would book with Zak.

Wishing you a successful course and even better dives, GJS

Thanks mate!

Noted!
Thanks a lot...

On a separate note: I've read an article from the Guardian saying how bad Koh Tao is for the tourist (homicide, rape, etc.).
Is it really true?

Jeff at Ban's on Koh Tao is also very good, as is Ben at Blue Label in Phuket.

I am not so sure that Ben from BLD is involved in "simple" courses :) Also, I think that BLD is associated with SSI and TDI. Accordingly, they can provide SSI Extended range and TDI courses but not TecRec.

Noted!
Thanks a lot...

On a separate note: I've read an article from the Guardian saying how bad Koh Tao is for the tourist (homicide, rape, etc.).
Is it really true?

I was in Koh Tao last February. It is wonderful place, no issues at all. I think when you have millions of customers during 10-15 year period some accidents happen.

I am not so sure that Ben from BLD is involved in "simple" courses :) Also, I think that BLD is associated with SSI and TDI. Accordingly, they can provide SSI Extended range and TDI courses but not TecRec.
Probably BLD can not offer PADI, but he could on a personal basis.

I know some more good options for the OP, but it really depends on where he would like to go.

I was in Koh Tao last February. It is wonderful place, no issues at all. I think when you have millions of customers during 10-15 year period some accidents happen.
That's what I thought...

Anyway, thanks again for all the answer: I have a nice list now to check.
I prefer PADI because I've done everything with them and I want to keep the consistence...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom