Teaching the kids how to free dive at the Christ of the Abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think so. We have dived that site 100 times. If you pay attention to the video, my son points out the coral on the sleeve on where not to touch.

Thanks for the tip though. Pun intended :)

If you pay attention to the video, my son points out the coral on the sleeve on where not to touch.

Fun video!
One of my favorite dives in the Keys.

I noticed your son giving the "don't touch" sign. Smart kid.
I scuba dived there last summer. An out-of-control diver body slammed me into the statue.
There must have been fire coral because later I broke out in a painful itchy rash.
My buddy offered the "home remedy" but I declined.

K.

Considering the depth readings, I wouldn't say it's the Abyss. I like the water temps, though.

Current was ripping so breath holds were on short supply. I am sure it helped strengthen our mammalian reflex though. We tried to free dive the Spiegel that day, but current was just too bad. We even dived in with tanks, but my daughter didn’t have gloves and we couldn’t get off the mooring line. It’s tough getting good video.

It’s all about taking pictures at this place though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom