Question TDI CCR AIR DILUENT DIVER COURSE cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If like to know if there's a difference between how much of the daily rates the instructor "brings home" between Euorope and Americas. Could it be that the "insurance-package" in the Americas eats away at the profit? (Obviously taxes does the same, likely more in Europe than US).

My point is, would you as an Entrepreneur have to have higher rates in the Americas than Europe to have the same lifestyle?

I also don't think most of Europe's cace/tech divespots have too much tourist-impact on the prices compared to divespots in MX.
Because they can, as there is enough demand in Canada and US to warrant ~300$/day. Note, good instructors are usually booked months in advance and $300/day is still a rather low rate given instructor time investment.

My CC/cave classes ran from ~8AM to ~5PM every day - that's about 9 hours, including "lunch and learn." Given that schedule, the instructor earned about $33/hour. If you consider the essential business costs in US (e.g., health insurance, liability insurance, etc.), that rate is somewhat low. Remember, an instructor is teaching you life-saving skills, not crochet.

As others have already said try not to cut corners on price, you need a good instructor, however I would say that for a basic ccr course the comparing shop prices is fine as long as there’s no bad stories about that particular business, on later courses a good instructor could cost a few quid, don’t look at it as expensive, a good instructor can after the course seem very cheap for knowledge gained,,, and don’t feel you must stick with a particular agency, a good quality instructor surpasses agency clique, best of luck

Sorry went slightly off topic there, your prices to British seem comparable.

As for the Mexico pricing, are those Mexican instructors, or US instructors who happen to be teaching in Mexico?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom