TCI Provo.....Caicos Adventures or Big Blue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emmagee

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are going to Provo in a couple of weeks. I've heard nothing but good things about CA and that is who we had planned to dive with, but what about Big Blue? I know CA is a board favorite and I'm sure it would be great, but a friend of mine has recommended Big Blue.

So is there any reason we should consider Big Blue over CA? If anyone has dived both of them, can you tell me the differences? Is one more of a 'cattle car' than the other? Big Blues web site really gives very little information so that isn't a lot of help. I know they say they are tec friendly and that may be a consideration as I *may* want to rent doubles for a few dives just to get more comfortable with them.

Thanks for any info!

I have not dove w/ Big Blue, only CA so I can't tell you what their operation is like. I do know that CA is great. From the boats down to the crews, I have made 20+ dives with them and never had a problem. In fact, they were down right fun to dive with!

Heard good things about Provo Turtle divers as well.

But if you d dive with Big Blue, please give us aa report and let us know if they good as well!

have fun, I wish I was going with you! :) I love Provo!

There was a member of the Big Blue dive staff that was contributor on the boards for a while. I haven't seen him on the board for a while. I have dove with CA for over ten years and never dove with Big Blue. I believe the big objective differences are the size of the boats and the ports they run out of. CA runs a very large catamarran out of the South Dock and Big Blue runs smaller six pack style boats out of Leeward Marina on the east end of Provo. IMHO the CA boats are closer to the best diving at West Caicos and French Cay. I think Big Blue runs to those destinations but they also run to closer more average diving in Grace Bay and Pine Cay. I don't think I have seen a trip report from someone who has used them so its hard to be objective.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom