Taxi rates from (outside) the airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WoodyLompoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We will be going to the Windham Cozumel. (When will I convince myself it isn't the Hotel Cozumel and Resort?)
Does anyone know how much, in pesos, it would cost for two people for a taxi?

Thanks,

BTW Feel free to start another thread if you want to discuss to pros and cons of the shuttle vs the walk to the taxis. I'm just looking for an answer to a price question. ;-)

i'll play. i bet 200mxn.

OK, read the sticky at the top of this forum. If you walk out of the airport to the main cross street, which is 65th avenue you are in zone 1, hotel Cozumel is in Hotel 1 Sur (South) that puts the official fare @ $75 MXN, for 1-4 persons. That's the official rate since 2016 and in addition to inflation and Covid economic starvation it needs to increase, I wouldn't pay less than $100 MXN ($5USD), and I am a cheap ba$tard. The taxi's are very accommodating and will stop a a market for you inroute and you should tip accordingly for their time. When times were fat some of the more aggressive operators (hopefully from off island) may have taken advantage of tourists but currently I have not seen this and they seem to try to give exceptional service. I have used the official airport shuttle twice in the last month and they have been very professional and helpful also.

OK, read the sticky at the top of this forum. If you walk out of the airport to the main cross street, which is 65th avenue you are in zone 1, hotel Cozumel is in Hotel 1 Sur (South) that puts the official fare @ $75 MXN, for 1-4 persons. That's the official rate since 2016 and in addition to inflation and Covid economic starvation it needs to increase, I wouldn't pay less than $100 MXN ($5USD), and I am a cheap ba$tard. The taxi's are very accommodating and will stop a a market for you inroute and you should tip accordingly for their time. When times were fat some of the more aggressive operators (hopefully from off island) may have taken advantage of tourists but currently I have not seen this and they seem to try to give exceptional service. I have used the official airport shuttle twice in the last month and they have been very professional and helpful also.

Thanks gopbroek,

After a two hour drive to the airport, a red-eye flight, layover before the COZ connection, we are more than ready for the short walk to the taxis and avoiding the van squeeze.
For years now, we have been using the taxi option, but it has been a LONG time since we have stayed so close to town.

Much appreciated.

Thanks gopbroek,

After a two hour drive to the airport, a red-eye flight, layover before the COZ connection, we are more than ready for the short walk to the taxis and avoiding the van squeeze.
For years now, we have been using the taxi option, but it has been a LONG time since we have stayed so close to town.

Much appreciated.
I you need pesos go outside and circle back to the departure counter entrance and there are 3 ATM's near the restrooms. Citi Banamex charge is $30.?? Pesos.
20210727_161826.jpg

While it may take a red eye to get to Cozumel you are closer to the Far Western tavern in Guadalupe. I used to live in Grover City and head out there for breakfast after working nights.

I you need pesos go outside and circle back to the departure counter entrance and there are 3 ATM's near the restrooms. Citi Banamex charge is $30.?? Pesos.

Citibanamex is $30.74, and Santander is $30.16.

However, Citi doesn't ask you to decline or accept the stupid conversion rate, and they also give you a mix of denominations. With Santander you need to decline the conversion rate, and you'll receive your withdrawal in $500 notes, and only $500's.

Citibanamex is $30.74, and Santander is $30.16.

However, Citi doesn't ask you to decline or accept the stupid conversion rate, and they also give you a mix of denominations. With Santander you need to decline the conversion rate, and you'll receive your withdrawal in $500 notes, and only $500's.
Yes I gave up on Santander on 3 x 10 for that very reason

We will be going to the Windham Cozumel. (When will I convince myself it isn't the Hotel Cozumel and Resort?)
Does anyone know how much, in pesos, it would cost for two people for a taxi?

Thanks,

BTW Feel free to start another thread if you want to discuss to pros and cons of the shuttle vs the walk to the taxis. I'm just looking for an answer to a price question. ;-)
The taxis in Cozumel are one of the best bargains on the island. Enjoy your vacation.

Wait. The ATMs dispensing pesos are in the departure section not the arrival section? Is this for people heading back to the US to get some more pesos as souvenirs? This is funny.

Wait. The ATMs dispensing pesos are in the departure section not the arrival section? Is this for people heading back to the US to get some more pesos as souvenirs? This is funny.
There used to be a hallway between the arrival and departure areas. The ATM's were in that area but it has subsequently been converted to additional office space. The arrival area is fully taken by the timeshare and shuttle folks so the only space left was in the departure area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom