Taurus semi-dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadiver888

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was looking at the new drysuit seals from Waterproof and wondering if there was any way to use them with the Taurus semi-dry suit.

If you are talking about the silicone seals, it might be difficult to use them with the Taurus. In order to install them, you need the ring coves installed on the Taurus. That is going to be the tricky part. Once they are installed, you can use any combination of seals ( latex or silicone ) or even dry gloves....
If you have a large Taurus ( or larger ), I could see that you can install the rings, but for small sizes, the diameter of the wrist might be to tight...

Michael

Hey Michael,

This is Darrell from ontariodiving.com. :) I was talking about the silicone seals. Talk to someone at Waterproof and they suggested I look at the Aquilia or D1 as the Taurus cannot use rings. Rather than hack rings into the Taurus, I'll look at the real drysuits.

Besides, after reading threads on ontariodiving.com I think I'm going to get a trilam instead.

The D1 Hybrid comes standard with silicone seals and ring system. D7Pro ISS and D10Pro ISS will come standard with silicone seals as well. Look for those in the US in Spring 2011.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom