Tanks for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepdiverbc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got two tanks for sale. They just got vis and hydro. Reason for sale is that I don't need six tanks.

The Catalina is my personal tank, the newer of the two and in great shape.

The USD belonged to my brother in law who quit diving years ago and it has very little use. This tank has a factory coating inside so the inside looks like new.

$170 ea

Tanks.jpg

I've got two tanks for sale. They just got vis and hydro. Reason for sale is that I don't need six tanks.

The Catalina is my personal tank, the newer of the two and in great shape.

The USD belonged to my brother in law who quit diving years ago and it has very little use. This tank has a factory coating inside so the inside looks like new.

$170 ea

Tanks.jpg
What size & material?

$170 seems high if they're AL80's... I can get a new one here for that -- and shipping to Hawaii is WAY more expensive than shipping to Canada from mainland US.

Us paying more for the same stuff is an old story. It's getting better but it's still frustrating at times.

An Al80 with a fresh hydro and vis goes for $170 depending on the condition, and mine are in really good condition. Check out Craigslist.org for our area.

A vis and hydro cost about $85 (after tax) so I only get to keep $85.

Deepdiver, don't know if you get over to Sechelt very often, but Suncoast will Hydro and vis your tanks for $65 tax in. Not a huge savings but a good excuse to cross the water.

Deepdiver, don't know if you get over to Sechelt very often, but Suncoast will Hydro and vis your tanks for $65 tax in. Not a huge savings but a good excuse to cross the water.

Thanks. I don't want to take away from the local shops. Their overhead is likely a lot higher than a shop in Sechelt. Also I'll bet they can't but their product for the same price as a shop in the USA. Now if you really want to get me going we could talk gas prices.

I'm sorry to have started that war. The photo made them look like they might have been larger than 80 cu ft.

Just looked at the dive shop today -- BRAND NEW AL80's for $175. Fedex can ship them from here to Canada for $58. Used AL80's here go for ~$75, assuming somewhat current viz & hydro. Of course, the viz & hydro cost $25 including fill here...

I must say I appreciate this conversation -- it makes me want to plan on shipping my 5 tanks back to BC when I leave, rather than sell them here. And I'll be sure to get the viz & hydro updated just before they go in the box, too! :D

Thanks....I feel a lot better now.

My buddy is going to Maui on Thursday. I'll ask him to check out those prices, I think he needs a vis done on his pony.

Any advice on dive sites, vis, weather expectations, what ever.....?

Thanks....I feel a lot better now.

My buddy is going to Maui on Thursday. I'll ask him to check out those prices, I think he needs a vis done on his pony.

Any advice on dive sites, vis, weather expectations, what ever.....?
Those prices were found at Maui Dreams Dive Co. in Kihei.

There are a lot of good sites -- it depends what you're looking for. If you want, you can have your buddy give me a call (808-276-3514)... I'll tell him where to find the cool stuff at the good sites, or take him there if he wants a buddy. :)

Our weather should be shaping back to normal soon -- I'm feeling the transition from the Kona's to tradewinds today, which is nice. It keeps the heat bearable... today's viz was ~60' at the site I dove... a little less than usual, but still very nice.

What area of the island is he staying? (Sorry to hijack your selling thread... on the upside, it's keeping it at the top, without just being "bumps" :D )

Thanks for the info. My buddy's name is Doug and he's staying in Kiheu, I'll pass on your number. He's there for a wedding but wants to get in as many dives as he can. Maybe even some shore dives if there worth doing. I don't know anything about Maui diving.

BTW. I don't feel too sorry for you having to suffer the 60' vis. (-;

Thanks for the info. My buddy's name is Doug and he's staying in Kiheu, I'll pass on your number. He's there for a wedding but wants to get in as many dives as he can. Maybe even some shore dives if there worth doing. I don't know anything about Maui diving.

BTW. I don't feel too sorry for you having to suffer the 60' vis. (-;
Many of our shore dives are at least as good as the ones done by boat. The only two exceptions are the sites unreachable from shore (e.g. Molokini and Lanai) and a couple of the deeper wrecks.

Truth is, a number of the "shore" sites are frequented by the boat operators, too...

Back
Top Bottom