Tank-vertising...what do you think?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MudDog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just bought a brand new HP120 (Pressesd Steel) for Nitrox (or of course regular filtered air).

Anyway, they said they'd put the Nitrox "label" on...which is fine, or so I thought. When I went to pick it up, I was annoyed to find the nitrox label is just one big advetisement for the shop. The one inch yellow band on top has the store name, the one inch bottom yellow has in bold letters their address and the 4 inch middle green band has their phone number (taking up almost 1/2 the band).

My new $340 tank looks like one of their d#%n rentals! Another concern I have is that I am an instructor that works with several other shops (none sold Pressed Steel)...I DON'T work with the one I bought the tank from, and yet now I am a billboard for their store.

Can I peel this Nitrox label off without damaging the external coating...anyone have any insight on this with Pressed Steel tanks?

What do you all think about this tank-vertising situation...?

Part of me feels like taking the thing back tomorrow and asking for a new one...minus the advertisement/rental look!

Thanks for letting me vent.
MudDog

Peel it off. It'll have to be peeled off for its visual next year anyway. Buy your own nitrox label and put it own.

Peeling it off won't hurt the finish. But if you're really into laziness like me just put the new label over the old one.
Rick

Sounds pretty tacky to me. If all else fails, black out the shop info.

...and have them remove the label... or give you a new tank without labels.

Several years ago we bought four PST LP104s that had the big PST label and the little yellow disclaimer label and a few other lables as well... including a non-advertising version of the nitrox band. It took a lot of elbow grease and some label remover stuff that smelled like citrus oil to get all the labels and goo off.

We ordered in another four PSTs from a different dive shop this spring and I picked them up whilst still in their boxes. The were clean as a galvanized whistle with all the assorted stickers inside the box including the VIP sticker.... which is the only sticker that made it onto the tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom