Tank valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TRUETEXAN

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering who makes the best yoke valves? The tanks I now own have all got Genisis K valves with rubber knobs on them, and they seem to be far beefier than any of the other valves that I have seen, and they feel much heavier than the Sherwood valves. The reason I ask this question is that I am going to start running dive trips on Possum Kingdom and some other area Texas lakes and I am going to provide tanks for my customers that need them and don't have their own, and I am sure that the tanks and valves will take some abuse on the boat with all the people on board banging and clangin' around, so I would like to get the best valves for the money that I can. They will be going on Catalina tanks sized 20-AL80's, 2-AL63's and 2-AL50's. Thanks for the help.

I am I dive shop owner and love the genesis K valves. The extra beefiness is what I like about them. It makes them much easier to pick up and handle. The sherwood valves are GREAT valves as well but a little smaller which in my opinion makes them a little more difficult to carry. PST has really nice vavles also. For a standard K valve I have been replacing my old ones with the new genesis K valves for there size. Best of luck to you.

Here's a few question for you guys. I have a Genesis 300 DIN H-valve. I want to know if the dual outlet part of it will fit into a Sherwood, Sea Elite, Dive Rite, or Scuba Pro modular K-valve. Genesis is still making their tilted outlet design, right?

Any ideas?

Mike

My local guru at the dive shop says that it will, I personally do not know, but he also has the same valve you have and he said he would take it to work Monday and try it so I can give you a for sure answer then.

Cool. Then he's the second person that says it will. That's enough confirmation for me. I figured it would since they are all the same basic valve. I hear that Sherwood is no longer making modular valves though. Looks like a Sea Elite or Dive Rite for me.

Thanks a lot,

Mike

In my 22 years in the scuba industry and also being involved with product development, I would highly recommend that you keep all valve components all from the same manufacture, plus make sure the bands are designed for the brand of valve that you may be using.

Originally posted by Thomas Ivey
In my 22 years in the scuba industry and also being involved with product development, I would highly recommend that you keep all valve components all from the same manufacture, plus make sure the bands are designed for the brand of valve that you may be using.
If you read between the lines, that's what Yooper is asking. The list of names he posted were distributors, not manufacturers.

Roak

Back
Top Bottom