tank valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no, but you should just buy this one and be done with it. $25, they get taken off of tanks when they put weird valves on them, and it's arguably THE standard valve in the industry. Also make sure that your free tank does take standard valves and isn't a 1/2" npt, or skinny neck HP etc.
Thermo Standalone Valve, Surplus | Dive Gear Express®

no, but you should just buy this one and be done with it. $25, they get taken off of tanks when they put weird valves on them, and it's arguably THE standard valve in the industry. Also make sure that your free tank does take standard valves and isn't a 1/2" npt, or skinny neck HP etc.

its 3/4x14....I'll look at those valves....thanks

its 3/4x14....I'll look at those valves....thanks

And with the money you save you can get one of these

Vindicator Valve Knobs | Dive Gear Express®

no, but you should just buy this one and be done with it. $25...,
MANY MANY thanks for that 'Heads-Up'. Just used up my last DGX pro valve (also at $25) and was going to add more to my repair bin. But that price on a Thermo convertible valve is just cheap, cheap, cheap! I picked up 3 along with some tiny spg spool o-rings that I blew on Saturday and a person can never have enough #214 tank valve o-rings also. Best part is if you order more than $49, your shipping is free in the conus48. Thanks again for the head-up, that's a killer deal that will probably never happen again.

MANY MANY thanks for that 'Heads-Up'. Thanks again for the head-up, that's a killer deal that will probably never happen again.

no problem, though it does happen every few months believe it or not as they build up inventory

The surplus valve in the picture is labeled as having 3,000psi service pressure. That's good for an aluminum 80, but a HP steel tank, maybe not.

The surplus valve in the picture is labeled as having 3,000psi service pressure. That's good for an aluminum 80, but a HP steel tank, maybe not.

just need to replace the burst disc if desired. a 3000 psi/5000 psi burst disc valve works fine on a 3442 psi tank.

In the description it says the valve is good up to 3500# service pressure. Just put in the appropriate burst disk, or not as @runsongas suggests.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom