Tank racks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 706885
The Works toilet bown cleaner is the best boat cleaner ever! Sold at the 99 Cents store and most hardware stores. Get the bleach-free version.

We use that (different brand) for the hull and for stains on the deck but never thought of trying it on the tank racks.
Thanks !

How difficult is it to adjust the tank holder width?
I usually dive HP120s, but friends dive LP95s, al 80s etc.
Also, can you have a pony bottle attached to your tank and still use the holders?
Thanks

I assume you are talking about the Roll Control adjustable holders. Not hard, but it does require complete removal from the channel to adjust. Basically, they go together like a tongue and groove joint. On my boat, there are regularly AL80s, 100s and 130s, so different diameters.

I just adjust mine so that the size is in between. The smaller diameters are a little loose, and the 130s are snug. Never had the smaller tanks come loose. I do carry some line to add additional security if the weather picks up.
Also, can you have a pony bottle attached to your tank and still use the holders?
Most likely, yes. Though, you may need to rotate the tank so that the pony sticks out. Assuming that the pony won’t fit under the rack that is.

Thanks

For the roll control, the hp 120's are the same as 80's - more or less. If you want to use with a pony bottle, you have problems probably. I use a few bungi's and also put one of the arms down so the tank is only retained by one solid arm. If possible try to find a spot where the side mounted pony hangs off the end of the roll control strip.

Back
Top Bottom