Tank question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
In a car underwater with time to kill....
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought a nearly new 100 from a guy in my dive group, and have a couple of questions about it:

1. It has a plastic "cap" on the bottom of the tank. Should this be removed after a saltwater dive? (Providing that I am able to remove it...)

2. It's bright yellow-green. Is this a Nitrox-specific color? As far as I know, it's only been used for compressed air...

Thanks in advance.

-Frank

The tank boot is no issue. It's on your tank simply to enable it to be stood upright. You can take the boot off from time to time to clean and inspect the tank.

The color is probably just the color of the tank.

If this were an O2 cleaned tank ("Nitrox" tank) there would be a sticker on it somewhere indicating that it had been prepared for EAN use.

the K

"Cap" is probably a tank boot used to increase the size of the base of the tank thereby making it more stable in upright position on boat deck. Boots are usually hexagonal and this will prevent rolling if tank is placed on its side. Look at Scuba Toys on- line under tanks for picture of one. Nitrox tank is usually marked with a green and yellow decal or sticker which is marked "nitrox" or "enriched air". If the entire tank is "yellowish-green", this probably doesn't mean anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom