tank help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacksambellamy

Contributor
Reaction score
I need some advice on double tanks. Im wreckdiving the NE with the OMS IQ pack ss backplate plate. Ill be wearing a Henderson 7mm instadry.

With a wetsuit, I'd recommend AL 80's. I'm not DIR but on this point, I think they have it right. My 104's are negative as hell and trying to swim them up (or out of a cave) without some backup inflation wouldn't be much fun and perhaps not even possible.

Now, if you are diving a double wing, 130's are nice or the new galvanized 108's (slightly more volume when filled to the same pressure) but remember, you've got to haul those things up a ladder. 85's would be a lot easier to get out of the water and still offer quite a bit of volume when properly filled (230 cuft). I only dive in caves so out-of-water weight isn't an issue, I only have to make it back to the truck's tailgate.

Unless you're a shorter guy, you may want to stay away from the 95's/119's as they don't seem to trim out well on taller people.

Something else to consider is what your buddies are diving. I assume you wreck divers are diving equivalent volume thirds (where the dive is turned after the first person consumes 1/3rd the volume of the guy with the smallest tanks). If you're buddies are on LP85's, it gives you zero extra gas for your dive to have 125's (of course you'll have mucho gas in reserve).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom