Tank Cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Hides, the inventor/owner/designer works at the same dive shop I part time at. Hes a cool guy and is really getting into doing custom graphics. He's done wraps for many different fire agencies, Dutch Springs, working on a deal with PADI, and we were just talking with a couple guys from a dive team for the FBI.
I don't have have his wraps on any of my tanks but I love the Absolute Diver (Absolute Vodka) its says something about the taste of rubber mouth pieces, fish poop, and the smell of dirty neoprene. Most of his desings are pretty damn funny. Actually I was just showing him my brand new set of doubles a few days ago. "Dude, I gotta get a picture of you wearing your doubles with the battery wraps on your tanks for an add!" I'll admit it would be kinda funny, but damn! I just assembled my doubles now he wants me to tear them back apart?

so a question about these... I got one as a gift but haven't put it on the tank.

Will such a large sticker help promote corrosion on the tank?

they are not stickers. It is graphics printed on a waterproof...vinyl(?) you wrap your tank with the graphics, then slip on the supplied clear heat shrink tube. Hit it with a hair drier and the graphics are held in place. Water can flow through the heat shrink so at the end of the day just hose off your tank like normal and all is well.

The heat shrink is to be sliced off with a razor blade every year for vis. replacement tubes can be had for a few bucks and the graphics are reusable. There are heat shrink tubes for both 7 and 8 inch tanks.

HOW DO THEY WORK

ScubaHides designed this to be a fun, easy way for divers to personalize their gear and increase individual visual identification underwater. The graphics are printed on a 10 mill. thick piece of polyethelyne which is placed on the tank without any adhesive. Then a 5mill. thick shrink-wrap sleeve is slid over the tank and heat shrunk with a normal hairdryer. Because the graphics are printed on the inside of the label, nothing will rub off. No adhesive is used whatsoever, and they do not cover up either the hydro stamp, or visual inspection sticker.

Once you receive your ScubaHide, they are easy to apply yourself. Simply place the graphics on the tank, slip the clear heat wrap over it, and apply heat with a normal hair dryer to shrink-wrap it tightly to the body of the tank. Here's how it works:

1) If trimming is necessary, lay the skin flat and cut it from the bottom. Cut the heat wrap separately, leaving it larger than the graphics sheet.
2) Place the graphics sheet on your clean, dry tank so that your VIP sticker is visible.
3) Slide the heat wrap over the tank.
4) Apply heat evenly over a large area of the skin. For best results, wave the hair dryer slowly up and down over the skin.
5) Submerge the tank in water for several minutes When dry, the ScubaHide will be permanently affixed to the tank.

TO REMOVE: Score the skin with a sharp knife or razor blade. PLEASE RECYCLE. Under normal use, the skins stay on the tanks, in and out of the water, for about 8-12 months, or until the annual visual inspection is due.

PLEASE NOTE that ScubaHides are a decorative tank treatment, and do not provide protection to the tank. Taking care to avoid contactwith sharp objects will greatly prolong the life of your ScubaHide. Use of a protective plastic mesh will also prolong the life of your ScubaHide and does not lessen the visual impact of their design.

1) you shrink them on yourself with a normal hair dryer.
2) Once they are on, they won't come off until you cut them off.
3) Does not harm or alter your tank in any way.
4) ScubaHides are printed with clear windows to allow inspection stickers to show through, and are designed so they do not cover the hydro-testing stamp.
5) Does not alter buoyancy.
6) Covers all dings, scratches and blemishes on tanks.
7) Fits any tank 24 inches or less in circumference.
8) Printed on the inside to prevent scratching.
9) Does not promote the rusting or pitting of tanks.

I was considering picking up that line. I would assume they're not meant for steel?

rapidiver:
I was considering picking up that line. I would assume they're not meant for steel?
you can put them on steel no problem

Sandshaker, either your name is Todd, or you got the info from some webpage...:D

There is also the option of visiting Scubacool at scubacool.co.uk or scubacool.com they have over 260 designs available as well as custom options and supply around the world. They come in different sizes so no need to trim and you can gave your choice of gas label too. As they are not stickers when they are removed for inspection they can then be easily reapplied with the additional sleeve supplied with you purchase or you can order sleeves online.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom