Tampa FL newbie w/questions. Go figure.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bishop

Contributor
Reaction score
My gf and I are in the class and are very excited. The closer the day(7/20) comes to our first dive the more excited we get. We have both have been wanting to do this for years. Now, we got much of our initial equipment from Bill Jackson's during their summer sale, but what is the general opinion of them from the locals?

Also, I'm looking into buying a BC. I plan to rent a few models and try out some friends' BCD. They seem to like the wings (aka, FlytPak) I can pick this up for $190 but another friend with much more experience thinks if it isn't DIR then it is crap. He is steering me towards Halycon wings with a backplate. I've read reviews on that setup and people seem to love it. So how about some feedback? Hope I didn't start a flame war here.

I won't discuss which equipment is better, better informed people will reply - I'm sure...

Anyway, regarding Bill Jacksons, the summer sale was a good time to get equip. from them, in general their prices are higher than elsewhere, both for gear and classes, but if it's convenient, your happy with the instructor and the material - that's what is really important I live in St. Pete, drop me a PM if you need more detailed info.

Where is the first dive? Crystal River, the gulf - down to west palm?

:D

welcome to the board mark3397, nice to have you.

Fit and comfort are far more important than your buddy's opinion on what you should buy! DIR is fine, but so is most recreational gear. It's not so much what you get, but how you use it!!! And welcome from Orlando... Don't forget to check out the Florida Conch Divers section!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom