Tampa Bay area Shore diving locations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I don't mind going diving the first weekend of march. Are there any shore diving spots in the tampa bay area (including clearwater, st. pete, etc)?

yukoneer:
I don't mind going diving the first weekend of march. Are there any shore diving spots in the tampa bay area (including clearwater, st. pete, etc)?

No, not really. The closest is Bradenton and then Venice.

Yukoneer is my dive buddy... eandiver - where in Brandenton and Venice?

ScubaJW:
Yukoneer is my dive buddy... eandiver - where in Brandenton and Venice?

Venice Beach. CBulla, reefguy and CoolTech can give you better directions than me. Look above this thread 2 places to the Venice Beach thread.

There is the sugar barge aka Regina on Bradenton Beach across from SeaTrek (sp) divers. Also someone had posted some other spots along the beach in that area I believe near passes. Again contact some of the folks who live down there.

If ya'll really desperate there is a couple of places off the south end of the skyway. Mud/sand bottom, shallow, no vis, tides but it beats sitting on the couch.:D

eandiver:
If ya'll really desperate there is a couple of places off the south end of the skyway. Mud/sand bottom, shallow, no vis, tides but it beats sitting on the couch.:D

You forgot the friendly and lovely bull sharks...:D :D :D

Do yourself a favor and do NOT visit what tiny little bit remains of the Regina. It is the most over-hyped thing I've ever seen. I heard it was good before the hurricanes, but what remains is about the size of a VW Beetle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom