Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

selbymike

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I will be in Tamarindo next week and we plan to do a few dives. My girlfriend and her dad were recently certified, and i have about 20 dives. We understand that there is no reef on the Pacific side of Costa Rica, and we are wondering what there is to dive on? Will we be diving on rocks? Walls? Also, can anybody tell us what types of life we will find? Thanks!

If you go up the road a bit to Playas del Coco there are a few good dive ops. I went w/ Rich Coast Divers. There is some good stuff right in the bay there (I think it is called Argentine point) which is sort of a pinnacle/ rock outcropping. There is tons of good dives in the area. Tons of fish and some interesting life. We saw lots of tropicals, sea horses, a couple of sharks. See if you can get someone to take you to the "Big Scare". Apparently there is a spot where large groups of bull sharks regularly swim through.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom