Tamarindo, Costa Rica Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoomerwit

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm leaving for Tamarindo, Costa Rica in early September.

I was wondering if anyone has been diving there, could recommend dive shops, or knows if they offer nitrox dives?

Any input would be appreciated!

We spent Thanksgiving 2007 in CR and did some diving with Diving Safaris in Playa Hermosa. We were disappointed with both the diving and the dive shop. First, visibility is very poor. We had a range of 10-25 foot on all our dives. Something else we weren't expecting was strong currents on most dives. Fighting current while seeing nothing is not my idea of enjoyable diving. We rented some gear from Diving Safaris and it had definately seen better days.

I live part time at Playa Conchal, and dive out of Flamingo with Aquacenter. Flamingo is north of Tamarindo, and a shorter boat ride to the Catalina Islands, where you will be going anyway. No Nitrox that I have found, but it really isn't needed as the profiles are quite conservative.

try Deep Blue in Playas del Coco, Nitrox and great staff. Wonderful diving experience. the Vis is always 10 to 25 feet but then again pacific diving is much different than atlantic diving. People are always surprised at the amount of sea life that they see on these dives. but don't get disappointed by 25 foot vis, just swim closer to the sea floor and don't look out so far! concentrate your field of view and you wont be disappointed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom