Tallahassee Dive Shop recommendation or nearby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leoparddog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,
We just moved to Tallahassee and are excited about being closer to the GOM and FL springs and I'd like to connect up with a local dive shop for equipment service, tank rental, local dive trips etc.

Any recommendations are appreciated.
Thanks

These are your 4 closest options to Tallahassee that I know of:
  • Coral Reef Scuba on Capital Circle is the only shop in Tallahassee. Small shop that sells a combo or archery supplies and scuba. Pretty basic stuff on hand. They only do nitrox fills by partial pressure blending. They do service gear. I personally don't use them for much.
  • Wakulla Diving Center in Crawfordville. 30 minute drive from Tallahassee depending on where you live. Full service for repairs, rentals and they coordinate some dive trips. They have a larger selection of equipment and rental tanks (steel tanks in various sizes). They bank nitrox fills at 32% but do not do cave fills.
  • Cave Adventures in Marianna. 1 hour drive from Tallahassee. Great shop with focus on cave diving. Large selection of gear and tanks. Again focus is tec diving. They bank 32% and do cave fills. Easy access to dive springs on Merritt Mill pond.
  • Dive Outpost in Live Oak, FL. 1.5 hour drive from Tallahassee. Great shop with focus on cave diving. Good selection of gear and tanks. Again focus is tec diving. They bank 32% and do cave fills. Easy access to dive Peacock Springs or Ginnie Springs.
If you are looking for coordinated dive trips look on Facebook for the group Scuba Friends of Tallahassee.

Feel free to message me if you need anything else, I live in Tallahassee as well.

I’m a former resident of Tallahassee that moved away in the early 80’s. A question for any Tallahassee old-timers. What ever happened to Barry’s Dive Shop on Lake Bradford Road? Barry was the “go to” guy back in the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom