Taking a Service Dog to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

montanagal

Registered
Reaction score
We are looking at going to Cozumel this Sept-October and may have a wounded warrior, who dives, joining us. This wounded warrior has a certified service dog. I was wondering if anyone knows or has flown into Cancun or Cozumel with a service dog and if there was any issues or problems going thru customs and immigration with a service dog? This wounded warrior does have all the certification for his dog.

Interesting article. Unanswered questions is whether the dog would be "detained," whether the dog would be allowed on the ADO bus and ferry, in hotels, etc.

Also if you are not familiar with heartworm, the dog should be on medication in my opinion.

From years of traveling to Mexico, I do not consider that culture as friendly to dogs as we are in the USA.

I do not know the needs of the soldier and his dog, but I would likely NEVER take my dog to Mexico.

Should not have any issues as long as you have all of the paperwork in order from your vet at home. We have friends that have brought theirs with them a few times, without any issue. They do not detain dogs if the paperwork is in order and many places have accommodations for animals.

Alot of the snowbirds travel with dogs all the time. I would direct you to CozumelMyCozumel where they discuss it. Not a big deal, but they are kind of specific in what they want, so I suggest reading this info from those who do it all the time.

Assumedly with the service dog stuff, you don't have to worry about the dog being allowed in the cabin?

Alot of the snowbirds travel with dogs all the time. I would direct you to CozumelMyCozumel where they discuss it. Not a big deal, but they are kind of specific in what they want, so I suggest reading this info from those who do it all the time.

Assumedly with the service dog stuff, you don't have to worry about the dog being allowed in the cabin?

Thank you will check into the CozumelmyCozumel. I know there is no way he would go without Ellie and he told me that service dogs are allowed in the cabin

There's no issue with serving dogs in Cozumel. The choice of rare or well done is up to you.

Back
Top Bottom