Taking a Cruise to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta. Looking for dive operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cirwin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All,

I'm taking a Holland America cruise to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta next week. The cruise offers diving trips, but the prices do not seem very good (e.g. $130 for a one tank dive in Cabo). I'll be in Cabo from 8 AM to 5 PM and Puerto Vallarta from 8 AM to 10 PM. Has anyone tried just going to shore and booking dives independently? Can anyone recommend reliable operators?

Thanks in advance.

Try Amigos del Mar. They are located right in Cabo San Lucas and are a great dive operation. I've dived in Cabo many times with several different operators over the years. Amigos del Mar has always been professional, safe and efficient. They also have great boats.

Alex at PCscuba.com

Lucky you! Pacific Scuba is a good operation in PV. They usually leave from Pienes Pier at around 9 and are back by 3 or so, obviously depending on the day and location of the dive. They are a small operation - not a cattle-boat type. I highly recommend them. If you go with them, Nancy from WI says HI!!

Twin Dolphins, docked right next to Pacific. Both good operations, not cattle boats.

I have dove with Baja Dive for many years. They are great and have the largest dive Boat in Cabo but they take small groups 4 to 5 Divers plus have PADI Instructors leading the tours.I have used all the shops in the last 10 years I have been Diving Cabo. Some are o k but most do not have PADI Divemasters they use Open water Divers as guides.They are located in the Marina just across from the cruise ship dock in the Tesoro resort. Contact them and they will meet you at the cruise ship docks. Home

Get ahold of Leslie and Nacho in PV. My wife and I dove with her last year and had a great time.

Back
Top Bottom