Tahoe Conditions 6/17/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWPhotoKeith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did two days of training dives from the Federal campground at Meeks Bay this last weekend. My first time diving in Lake Tahoe and would definitely go back! Visibility was very good, 30' or so, water temp ranged from the upper 50's down to 20' with a bottom temp of 42 degrees at 140'. The thermocline was roughly around 100' where you really noticed the cold. I dove a drysuit with wet gloves the first day and switch out to dry gloves the second day which worked out well! :) Overall, an excellent training site with a nice shallow area for skills and then after a short swim out you are on the Rubicon Wall where you can get to deeper water with large boulders and even an old 20' motor boat stuck on the steeply sloping wall at about 90'.

View media item 205665

Last edited:
Has anyone been to Zephyr Cove recently? I'll be going up there for a retreat with a church in my area and wanted to know what the conditions were.

Thinking of renting some tanks and weights and maybe diving under the docks or something where it's pretty shallow.

I haven't dove Tahoe yet but was looking at heading up to Meeks Bay mid week (in a few weeks) for a dive.
Where is the best place to park? and where is the entry?
Are there any fees?

I'm looking at Google Maps but cant really see the best area.

Where did you park and dive?

Cheers
Rich

Can you get 220 - 221 out of that dive?
I don't know for sure but I would guess it goes much deeper than that.

Note: I should have corrected my original post, Rubicon Wall is south of Meeks Bay, not sure what if any name is given to the steep slope/wall off Meeks Bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom