Table Rock Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blu Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
On Sunday January 26, 2014 a few of us went diving at TRL. The surface temp was 42F and 39F at 85 feet. The visibility on the Zebulon Pike was about 10 feet at Jakes Point the visibility improved to 15 feet. Both dives were shore dives and that surface swim from shore to the island (Jakes Point) was a doozy! The weather was tremendous at 65F and sunny. We did not see much in the way of fish but it was a fun time had by all.

Thanks for the report, I have done that surface swim to the island once & would not want to do it again. Last couple of times we dived the island without our boat we said screw the surface swim & just started our dive at Jake's point & swam underwater to the island, still had about 15-20 minutes to explore the island & make it back to shore. Man I am ready for spring.

I'm ready for another "GOOD" crack at the General Pike.....lets just say I liked the wreck but had way to many issues that day and would love to have another better go.

Much agreed...I will not make the surface swim again to Jakes Point island...LOL... I had a decent dive on the Pike back in March. Looking forward to getting some more dives on her, I've never seen great conditions on the Pike. There is always particulate in the water and the visibility is maybe 10-15 feet. It's an interesting dive non e the less. Here is a link to a short video of the Zeb I shot earlier this year.

https://vimeo.com/89363124

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom