Tabata (TUSA) Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowes255

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
My computer decided to go on a dive without me last year and since then I've been borrowing computers waiting for something to come along to interest me. Yesterday the Tabata rep brought in their new computer, the IQ700, and I bought it on the spot. I really liked the interface and overall design. Kind of like the bastard love child of a Suunto and Oceanic.

I was just curious if anyone has any experience with this CPU? I used UWATEC and Oceanic (Pelagic) CPUs pretty much exclusively in the past and I am just wondering how this one stacks up.

It's a Seiko... almost identical to the Cressi Sub computer - except the Tusa has the ability to switch between 2 gasses during the dive. In fact, Cressi doesn't have a computer now because Tusa basically took all the production - so they are out untill they find another place to source them... So if you saw the Cressi Archimidies... should look familiar.

Overall... easy to use, good display, and they use a more conservative algo than the palegics... 60 for 49 instead of a 60 for 57...

I also have a bunch of them coming in... I'm glad they are finally shipping... first saw them at Dema..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom