T & C Experts - Questions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm headed out next week on the T & C Aggressor! I'm trying to do the last minute budgeting for my trip and have a few unanswered questions.

1. What's the approximate cost for getting from the airport to Turtle Cove Marina? (my transfer is not included because I'm arriving early)
  2. Are there several transportation options? (ie: in Cozumel only two real options,the shuttle van or rent a car) If so...which is recommended?
  3. I'm going to RELAX the two days I have prior to boarding the boat. What are some favorite beaches and how far are they from Turtle Cove Marina?

Any other tips about Provo are welcome! It's my first time there and I'm really excited!

Thanks in advance!

Smith's Reef is a short walk from Turtle Cove Marina and you can get the Gecko Shuttle bus to take you to Coral Gardens which also has a good snorkel reef and beach area. From where your staying you have walking access to miles of beautiful beaches. A taxi from the airport to Turtle Cove is usually around 30ish if my memory serves me corrct.

Hi I am on the trip with Christi....when you say 30ish is that per person or per car/van ??
Do you have any recommendations for restuarants....nothing fancy :wink:

there are several good restaurants within 5 minutes walking from your hotel all of which are decent. Myself I like Baci for Italian, Magnolia's is a little fancier with a great view of the sea and harbor area, there are several bar restaurant type local restaurants to pick from.

Hi Christi,

I just returned from 9 days in T&C with my wife last night. You can take a taxi to Turtle Cove from the airport for about $10 a person. We had 3 folks and the driver charged all of us $10 a person both ways. The rates are pretty standard for all of the taxis since we asked around. The taxi is the only option for airport transportation. The Gecko shuttle is a great service along the Grace Bay/Turtle Cove area but they do not go to the airport. The Gecko is a cheaper shuttle service ($8 round trips or 1, 3 or 7 day passes) that goes to most of the main hotels and restaurants along the GB/TC area.

As for beaches, Grace Bay is one of the highest rated beaches in the world. It is a short Gecko ride away from TC. There are not a lot of people on the beach so it is ideal to relax and enjoy. As for restaurants, the good ones near TC are Bacis (excellent Italian, great ambience directly on the harbor, but a touch pricey), Tiki Hut and Shark Bite which are right near the water as well. These are a lot cheaper but have good food and beer. I would recommend taking some Off or a Deet product with you. Bugs were not too bad but they were always there. Food is not cheap there but for 2 days it shouldn't be too bad. They have an IGA grocery store but food is about 50% more there then here.

I saw the Aggressor in port last Sat and also at a few of the sites I dove on with Dive Provo. Looks like a nice boat. Have a great trip and enjoy your diving. If you have any further questions, shoot me a PM or a reply here.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom