System Setup Option Question on Firmware 37

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the release notes for that firmware:

<<Gas On/Off:
There are now 2 ways to turn gases on/off:
1) Classic: define gas as 00/00 to turn off.
2) Gas On/Off: each gas has on/off setting.
Gases that are turned off are not included in decompression calculations. Also, the
Predator will not suggest a gas switch to an off gas.>>

I prefer the classic version. if a gas is in the computer it's used for deco calculations.If not it's not. Nice and simple.

In my opinion the new gas on/off is for divers too lazy to enter the gases being used before each dive!

WOW

The computer will default to OFF if the mix is set to 00/00. I keep the old mentality of setting the mix, to the mix I carry with me. Typical that is 3 mixes; the other two mixes are set to 00/00. When I am diving 21/00 only, the other 4 are set to 00/00. I don't keep a list of gases in my computer, that is just asking for problems in the future. I agree with Ian the ON/OFF function is for lazy divers, but this is what was asked from Shearwater and they provided. I like the little features they added.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom