System layout question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRed96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Compressor ~NRV~Safety Valve~Seperator/Filter tower combo~PMV~fill whip

I’m working on putting a small compressor together and wanted to check and see if my layout is good to go.

I can’t read your writing. This is the correct layout. See below - credit back to this website.

727927BD-9B36-4E96-98D4-8B201128BAD4.jpeg

lets have a photo of filter/separator you plan to use
I can see no reason to put nrv in this position

thanks for photo
you have 2 filter stacks so now you want a separator unit.

thanks for photo
you have 2 filter stacks so now you want a separator unit.
The unit on the right (upstream) is a moisture separator.

The unit on the right (upstream) is a moisture separator.
Yes Sir. Any chance you can offer any knowledge up as far as my component placement goes? I’m on a limited budget and just want to get the right stuff the first time.

There are a lot of folks here with more experience and knowledge than me. However, I don't see any reason why placing the components in the order you mentioned in the OP would not work. Basically, you want the SV downstream of the NRV and upstream of the PMV.

I have a similar setup to the one you have pictured. The moisture separator does a pretty impressive job as I never see any moisture coming out of the main filter. I will say the main filter is pretty small though, but I was lucky in that my compressor came with a larger filter tower. I removed the AC from the small filter and packed the cartridge with MS only.

repackable filter cartridge-shelden.JPG
moisture indicator strip after.jpg

There are a lot of folks here with more experience and knowledge than me. However, I don't see any reason why placing the components in the order you mentioned in the OP would not work. Basically, you want the SV downstream of the NRV and upstream of the PMV.

I have a similar setup to the one you have pictured. The moisture separator does a pretty impressive job as I never see any moisture coming out of the main filter. I will say the main filter is pretty small though, but I was lucky in that my compressor came with a larger filter tower. I removed the AC from the small filter and packed the cartridge with MS only.

View attachment 725550View attachment 725551
Thank you Sir for the information. I sincerely appreciate it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom