Synthetic Blubber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saniflush

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
As I understand it, conventional neoprene for wetsuits, i.e., foamed neoprene, is made by foaming the neoprene with nitrogen. So, it seems obvious that to increase the insulating ability one would replace the nitrogen with argon, which is used as a drysuit inflation gas for that reason. Calling it "synthetic blubber" sounds like hype to me.

Calling it "synthetic blubber" sounds like hype to me.

Calling it blubber sounds like a marketing fail to me. Even the most out-of-shape, least body-conscious diver still probably doesn't want their clothing to be associated with the image of blubber.

Perhaps if this was a layer in a survival suit, the purchaser wouldn't mind the name.

using Carbone dioxyde for dry suit inflation is much better, than any other "invented" rubbers and plastics.
Форум Тетис • Просмотр темы - Выбор баллона поддува сухаря
or Google Переводчик
About two years ago, I completely switched to carbon dioxide gas. It is much more accessible and incomparably warmer than argon. Now I'm studying the effect of active heating of CO2. He made several hundred dives. The flight is normal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom