Sydney Australia - September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi:

I may be fortunate enough to be in Sydney Australia at the end of September 2003.

Can anyone recommend good diving/dive shops in the area?

thanks,
russ

Hey

I live in Sydney

There are several good dive spots around Sydney.

Here are some:

Magic Point - Maroubra: Grey Nurse Shark Colony . GREAT DIVE (it's a boat dive)

Another good spot for a shore dive would be Kurnell: You regulary can see Weady Sea Dragons there.

Bare Island is also a nice spot for a shore dive

There is a nice dive shop in Kurnell; if you'd need to hire any gear and you can also book shark dives to Magic Point from there.

DiverCity

My dive shop just closed up but there are many others in and around Sydney

I'd recommend to check out www.diveoz.com.au

New South Wales Dive Shops

List of Dive Sites

If you have any questions just ask :)

Jsut returned from Australia. We booked some diving in Sydney with Prodive (Sydney City). I recommend that you do not use them. We felt very much like we were part of a production line and the majority of the staff did not show us any enthuiasm for diving.

Plenty of dives around Sydney and some great shore dives.

Check out www.abyss.com.au. They have free shore club dives (with soup, rolls and cold drinks inbetween) each weekend and some weekdays also. They'll organise a buddy for you, and have a divemaster assist you for the dive. You'll meet some great divers there who are always willing to have a drink afterwards.
If you don't have transport the'll also organise to pick you up from the train station and get you to the dive sites.

Make sure you get someone to take you to a site where you'll see weedy seadragons and also the blue groper.

Sydney this time of the year is a dream to dive as the waters are clear and the seas usually calm.....

I just found a book called "Atlas of Australian Dive Sits, Travelers Addition by Keith Hockton" that tells you all about the best dive spots, not just in Sydney but in Australia. I have been diving in Sydney for just over 10 years and there are spots in there that I have tried, didn't know about, that just blew me away.

Highly reccomend it if you are heading out this way.

Coogeeman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom