Swivel/angle adapter with 7ft hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish-Finder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’ve recently switched to long hose setup with 7ft primary and 22 inch octo and started to develop jaw fatigue never seen with traditional rec setup before. I’m diving single cylinder back mounted.

Thinking of adding an angle adapter (90 or 70 degree?) or a swivel to a second stage primary reg to improve the situation.

Has anyone tried it? Any tips on how to reduce jaw fatigue when diving with 7ft?

I’ve recently switched to long hose setup with 7ft primary and 22 inch octo and started to develop jaw fatigue never seen with traditional rec setup before. I’m diving single cylinder back mounted.

Thinking of adding an angle adapter (90 or 70 degree?) or a swivel to a second stage primary reg to improve the situation.

Has anyone tried it? Any tips on how to reduce jaw fatigue when diving with 7ft?
it's not DIR so by the rules of this subforum, you should figure it out with a combo of adjusting the hose and trying different mouthpieces.

My personal opinion is that I do prefer them on my 7ft hoses because I use a long pattern backplate which makes the 7ft hose a little bit short for me. If I dive with a normal plate I've never felt the need, and with the long hose it is certainly a matter of personal preference, but with a history of TMJ from bagpipes, I prefer it.

Skip the swivel and let the hose bow out over your right shoulder more. You have plenty of hose to work with and there's no reason for it to be tugging on your mouth/head

This may require pulling more hose our from under your light canister or not tucking it under your lights canister at all and instead pulling a smaller loop into your waist belt - but typically only if you're a giant or have a huge chest or both.

Or a longer hose, mine is 7ft 8 inchs,
Its tad long for me, I need to shorten it by 2" one day,

Skip the swivel and let the hose bow out over your right shoulder more. You have plenty of hose to work with and there's no reason for it to be tugging on your mouth/head

This may require pulling more hose our from under your light canister or not tucking it under your lights canister at all and instead pulling a smaller loop into your waist belt - but typically only if you're a giant or have a huge chest or both.
well damn, that must be my problem! :p

well damn, that must be my problem! :p
Clearly you have been fighting local gangs for charities

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom