Switching to BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dazee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi everyone,I have a question about backplates and wings, I'm interested in switching from BCD to BP/W and now I'm wondering what would be a good wing + backplate combo that can carry me on for years to come. I was watching the Apeks WTX D30, would it be a good choice for an "all-around" recreational wing ( I will dive most of the times in the Mediterran Sea with a wetsuit)? Thanks in advance!

I hear freedom plate with vintage double hose wing is pretty nice...I just got a freedom plate... Will be sure to let you know how it is...

The apex is a good choice, there are cheaper options out there. Try the link below for a good overview. It might be drastically cheaper to buy pieces from different manufacturers.

Beginners Guide To BP/W

Thanks! Do you have any particular suggestions for other brands?

I hear freedom plate with vintage double hose wing is pretty nice...I just got a freedom plate... Will be sure to let you know how it is...

Thank you!

The only thing that really matters is the wing. The branding on everything else is just a gimmick. If you like the Apeks wing then buy it. And save a few dollars by purchasing a cheaper plate and harness.

The only thing that really matters is the wing. The branding on everything else is just a gimmick. If you like the Apeks wing then buy it. And save a few dollars by purchasing a cheaper plate and harness.
I haven't seen one in person, but from pictures it would seem the freedom plate is an exception.
Respectfully
James

Exactly this. Look at the Dive Gear Express plates and webbing, and their packages.

DW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom