Switching to Air 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cburgert

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm switching my power inflator to a scubapro air 2 on my Hydros . Will it void the warranty if i do it myself. How do I remove the zip tie? Can it be done without cutting it off?

I would say if you are having to ask about a zip tie you need someone else to do your swap for ya. Not being a jerk but when your gear does not work or you pull the Air2 right off the hose because it was not reattached properly, things could go bad.

I would imagine the inflator is also a pull dump, you'd want to check that as well and if it is make sure your comfortable with addressing that.

Great point to add. My curiosity had me look it up. Wow, costly bcd.

"Inflator is also equipped with a rapid pull dump mechanism with cable pull for easy deflation of the air bladder."

There's a wire loop hooked over removable pin pushed through the power inflator you'll need to reattach.

It's definitely something one can learn to do. Once comfortable it's a 5 minute job, if not quickerquicker.

Pretty sure one of us will type out a mini guide step by step if you do decidead to do it yourself.

Regards,
Cameron

A dive buddy of mine moved his Air2 from a Nighthawk to his BP/W without any problems. The only issue he has had is BP/W purists giving him grief about the configuration.

Bob

Once you figure out how to do the hose switch to install the Air2, you will need to get a 40" hose for your primary second stage since that will be the second to donate to your buddy in case he needs to share your air if he is OOA and you switch to your AirII. You never give your Air2 to your buddy, it is for your use when you give up your primary to your buddy who is OOA.

I talked will my LDS and he told me what to do and text me directions. He said to bring it in when I'm done so he can make sure I did it correctly.

Where are you located?

I talked will my LDS and he told me what to do and text me directions. He said to bring it in when I'm done so he can make sure I did it correctly.
I hope you bought it from him and are not asking him to do pro bona work on a sale you didn't give to him. This is EXACTLY the reason to buy local. He will take care of you if he is any good at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom