switching between gear options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oversea

Reaction score
My origonal configuration is/was a classic plus jacket bc, sp regs, airz nitrox AI computer and air2 octo. I am now trying out a BP/W. Here is my problem. The inflator on my dive rite wing has a different quick connect than my scubapro. I bought a male scubapro fitting for the inflator but the threads appear different. I was hoping to change the inflator fitting so that the air2 quick connect will work for both. Then I though about adding an air2 to my wing but the curregated hose appears too short for it to work well. The next option was to add a scubapro inflator to my wing so that the fittings will be interchangable. The last option is changing hoses as I switch between gear. The last option seems to be the least practical in terms of possible failure ie. o rings etc. BTW, please don't turn this into an air2 debate. I like it but don't know if its the best for my situation.

Thanks

Just change hoses. Just be careful when doing so and it shouldn't be a problem. I change all the time from my doubles set-up to my warm water travel set -up (dual first stage to single). This is alot better than trying to modify or use more fittings.

By the way, get a good wrench that fits your hoses to keep from marring them. The little scuba-multi-tool is fine for emergencies but can round off fittings.

And if you don't have an Air-2 you will need to add and octo reg.

I don't think o-ring wear just because you regularly change hoses (with care) is a worry.
Compare it with the o-ring in a swivel in an SPG which lasts for hundreds if not thousands of spins.
I regularly swap inflator hoses because I have 2 BCs with a significantly different corrugated hoses in terms of length. Unless the shop changed them during annual revisions I'm still using hose o-rings that have a few years usage.

Back
Top Bottom