Swatch SCUBA - any info around?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paschen:
I am thinking about getting a Swatch SCUBA - Has anyone had one or heard good or bad things on it?

I have one and my gf has two - the first batch we bought (SUGB102 "Dolphin Whistle" and SUGB100 "Moray's Bite" from the first series, when they first came out in 2004) has a bad habit of going into "dive" mode when one is wearing them on a plane and the plane is descending in preparation for landing - they are easy to reset but it is annoying. My gf subsequently bought another Fun Scuba (SUGK103 "Rose Water") from the second batch of the first series and that one does not have the "problem." Now there is a second series and a third series (Fun Boarder) that have built in snowpass and an altimeter function instead of depth meter.

Anyway, when diving, the watches have been trouble free and the depth gauge function is accurate. My gf has used one on over a hundred dives. Otoh, the watches are plastic and very easy to scratch.

Thanks Vie. Oh and I love your avatar.
I have decided to pick one up duty free OS - prolly in Dubai - if I have any money left after 6 weeks away.
Cheers
PD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom