Swamper coming to Lake George

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogrady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This native NY'er is heading north of the Red River to spend some time in my home territory. I might be in the Albany area the weekend of August 24 and am wondering about the diving in the area. I'm already doing Dutch earlier in the week. How is Lake George? Can someone recommend a dive shop in the area where I could hook up with a local DM for a tour of some easy shore dive sites? I'm basic OW certified with 30 dives in Lake Travis - cold and low viz is not a problem, but I still want to keep it simple and well within my limits.

Hey bogrady,

There are only three scuba shoops in the area. There is one on Central Ave. in Albany. There is one on your way to Lake George off exit 8 on 87N. That one is in a little shopping center just off the exit. And there is another one up in the Lake George area but I'm not sure quite where it is. I only know the other two because I was at them both today looking for some info.

The only shop in the area is Morin`s, located in Glens Falls.
http://www.morinsdivecenters.com/frame.htm
Diving has been great this year, good vis and warm water. Hearthstone state campground is a great place for shore dives (Morins does most of their training there) and it is a well kept campground if you camp. Hope you enjoy the area, and the diving.

Back
Top Bottom