Swampdivers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What happened to the Swampdiver's forum? Daddy Foo and I have been in and out of the local diving community lately, mostly because of health problems. But we have continued diving, although not as frequently. Just curious why. Thank you!

There are no doubt many deep secrets that we will never be aware of as to the actual reason of the mysterious disappearance of the name "Texas Swamp Divers" from the list of Regional SB Forums. I can't confirm it but one of the reasons might be that with the "claimed" disappearance of wetland environments there may actually not be any Swamps left. So they tell me at least. A visit to the area still occupied by the Northern Clan of the Swampers will confirm otherwise. We still have swamps. All I know is the Paris Tunnels are full to over flowing. We have not been able to do any work down there for more then a year now. All we do is ride the drift current through Tunnel 18 that goes under the Bank downtown. Vis. is low so many of the other shafts are pretty freakin' scary right now.
Hence forth we are to be known simply as, " Texas ".

Reactions: Foo
A swamp is not easily defined. Tunnels, lagoons, pools... We have it all. Hope I see you this weekend. Weather looks yuck but we are still planning to camp Sat and Sun night. If we rain out during the day on Sat, will dive on Sunday. The circle of knowledge will still be strong, even if it's around a fire with a brew or three.

I'm going to be there Saturday afternoon...Maybe even 'morning....camp that night .... Bones..... Circle.....

Chris and I are still planning to come. We will be there Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Cool :)
I assume that the Foo's (Terry & Don) will be in the 'Prowler '. Hey...is that camper still painted Yellow ?
I'm in a white Toyota Tacoma pickup.

Yay! We are in a silver Honda Accord.

Sounds like Nat and I will have to get there in the morning and stake our claim. See you all when you roll in.

7:00 AM ....I'm starting to load up the truck. gonna take awhile. No rain here in Paris just clouds (so far)

Daddy Foo had to work today but we will be there to set up camp before they close! On our way

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom