Swagelock Fittings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterlover

Contributor
Reaction score
I need a good online catalog/source for Swagelock or comparable fittings for building a fill panel. Swagelock web page isn't real user friendly if you don't know the fitting name or part number. I think Parker is a comparable fitting but I'm not sure.
Thanks Ken

Suggest you contact Northern Hydraulics, Inc.
Pesky

McMaster-Carr online has everything you can possibly imagine and then some. Do a search for Swagelok fittings and it will take you there.

Your best bet is to find a Swagelok dealer, and get their big full line catalog, the one in the white binder.

What most of us think of as Swagelok is actually a group of several interrelated companies including Whitey and Nupro (valves) and Cajon (ordinary NPT-type fittings). The Swagelok name technically covers only the self-swaging tube fitting family.

Swagelok is NOT related to Parker. Parker, like several other companies, makes a line of fittings and valves almost identical to the out-of-patent Swagelok items that can often be had for much less, and Swagelok warns buyers frequently in its publications to beware of imitations. MacMaster Carr carries the Parker clones, not real Swagelok.

Swagelok stuff does not come cheap, but there's a busy thieves' market of used and surplus Swagelok and similar items on Ebay, where some very good deals can be had, though you really need a the catalog to know what you are getting.

I have used Swagelok for three decades. The "equal" knock-offs aren't! In the heavy duty vibration and pressure life testing I've done over the years Swagelok has always lasted over two times the service life of the "next best" clone, even when the Swagelok fitting was assembled "wrong". When compared to flare fittings and other single ferrule fittings the life is better than 6X, with Swagelock having a make/break ability that does not effect the life of the fitting.

The net result of this is that a hydraulic or HP pneumatic system properly fitted and assembled with the Swagelok fittings simply will not leak at the tube fittings even if it's shaken to death and regularly disassembled for cleaning and other maintenance. You do get what you pay for here if doing any type of compressor related plumbing.

FT

Previous poster was correct. Parker ans Swagelok are two different companies with similar products. My company purchases both. The Swagelok distributor in the Chicago area is:

Lakeview Valve & Fitting Co.
Alsip, IL
(708) 597-2222

If you call them I'm sure they can help you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom