suuntowatches.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the bottom of their web site it reads: "SuuntoWatches.com is independently owned and operated, and has no relation to Suunto Oy or Suunto USA" so I'm guessing not.

We're not an authorized dealer, but we do price match +5% and we have a 24 month warranty on the item. Having owned that model (and many other Suunto's), my personal vote is to go for the deal (with us of course since you should be able to get the great price AND a warranty through us :wink: ). Here's why:
I've had problems twice with Suunto's. One ongoing problem is replacing the battery. The model you're looking at has a user-changeable battery, so that isn't actually even an issue. The other issue is servicing should something go wrong. Again, with us you have 2 years where we'll deal with that issue should it arise. The one time I sent a computer back to Suunto (via an authorized dealer where I purchased it), they lost it and I had to fight up the ladder to get any kind of replacement. So in my personal experience, having the factory warranty didn't really mean a thing. Others may have different experiences.

We have it here: Suunto from LeisurePro.com

I recently sent back a (just) out of warranty Gekko to Suunto, that I bought from a LDS (authorized dealer) when my depth sensor started flaking out. A month later they sent back a brand new Zoop to replace it.

One of my dive buddies has had similar good fortune with Suunto's customer service when they had a computer issue in the past.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom