Suuntooooooooooooooooooooo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nyc aquanaut

Reaction score
Hi Everyone !!!!!!!
Sorry I haven't been around for the last couple of days, me and the other guys in my dept. were testing some new comunication eqip. and getting to use them up in Nova Scotia the last couple of days. Water was cold, yeah, duhh, but it was fun!
I am asking if anyone out there has used a Suunto Cobra Dive computer and what you lke about it/and vise versa! I bought one last month and am getting to know it, but hardly anyone I know uses it, so ................talk to me.
Thanx, your board brother. NYC AQUANAUT

I have one and I love it so far. But I'm in the same boat as you, I only have 4 dives on it so far. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't switch from air mode to nitrox mode for 24hrs after diving it in air mode. But that's no big deal if you just dive it in nitrox mode all the time. One other thing I noticed on the 4 dives I have on it was that I couldn't hear any of the alarms, but I was wearing a thick hood which most likely caused that.

Thanx Mr Hammer, I just hate waiting to use Nitrox and have to wait 24 hrs. I went through that lesson a week ago.

Thanx WarHammer
Does any one else have anymore input............

Sorry, no input, only questions. Do you (or anyone else) have the pc interface for the Cobra? I don't own one but am planning to purchase one very soon.

Is it the same interface for the Vyper or Favor?

How much did you pay for the interface?

Thanks, David

I have a Cobra and the Interface as well. I don't really remember what I paid for it... perhaps somewhere around $100? But, the Cobra is an outstanding computer. Many-many people here on the west coast use it and I would definitely recommend it to other.

Mario...How's about selling that interface to me at a reduced price, since you hardly ever use it. :) Today, someone posted on Rodale's about some minor discrepancies in the beginning and ending pressure readings when downloading to a PC. They stated that the numbers from the Cobra and the software didn't match up. Have you experienced anything like this?

nyc aquanut...When I run into the nitrox/air mode a few weeks ago, I had no intentions of diving nitrox so i had it set to air mode. The second day of diving we ended up with a spare nitrox tank, so I grabbed it. I knew before I hooked it up that I couldn't switch modes, but I dove it anyway cause I got some benefit from it wether the Cobra knew it or not. :) You can avoid that by just setting it to 21% when diving air, which is what I'll do from now on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom