Suunto Zoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRed96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All, I acquired a Suunto Zoop computer mounted in a console. I would like to change it to a wrist mount. I was wondering if anyone knows of a wrist mount for the older Zoop or it the wrist mount feom a current Zoop Nova will fit? The only watch type band I could find for the Zoop is discontinued.

I have a few wrist straps that were never used since I removed them from the Vyper computers my family uses and put the computers in Bungee mounts. Send me a private message if you are interested in one of the wrist straps.

-Z

If you haven't taken it out of the console yet, you may want to do that first. I had a Vyper mounted in a console and when I opened it up, it was a wrist mount. All I had to do is put a strap on it. I can't say for 100% certainty, but I think all Suuntos, especially the older styles, are made to be either wrist, bungee, or console mounted.

I use NATO straps on mine because with those, if a pin should break, it will stay on your wrist so you won't lose the computer. I have a couple of Suunto straps that will fit the Zoop as well.

If you haven't taken it out of the console yet, you may want to do that first. I had a Vyper mounted in a console and when I opened it up, it was a wrist mount. All I had to do is put a strap on it. I can't say for 100% certainty, but I think all Suuntos, especially the older styles, are made to be either wrist, bungee, or console mounted.

I use NATO straps on mine because with those, if a pin should break, it will stay on your wrist so you won't lose the computer. I have a couple of Suunto straps that will fit the Zoop as well.
It looks like the it could indeed be a wrist mount as it has the places for the spring pins to go. Would you happen to know what size spring pins go in it?

All the puck style suunto computers are compatible with either a wrist strap, bungee mount, or console mount. When bought new they come mounted on a the wrist strap...I am not sure if consoles purchased with the computers installed also come with the wrist strap in the packaging.

I will measure the pins for you when i get home from work. Mind you that the pins that come with the strap are stainless steel, as well as the internal springs. The official replacement straps, as well as the ones I have from our computers come with the pins.

-Z

It looks like the it could indeed be a wrist mount as it has the places for the spring pins to go. Would you happen to know what size spring pins go in it?
When I needed new pins, I could not find the right size anywhere except for a Suunto dealer. Everything I found otherwise was too small in diameter and/or too short. The Suunto pins are rather robust.

The pins measure as follows:

Diameter: @ 2.5mm

Length (end to end): @ 29.2mm

Length (shoulder to shoulder...where the pin rests against the computer): @ 26mm

Measurement of space where strap/spring pins mount on a Suunto Gekko, Zoop, Vyper, Vytec, Vyper 2, Vyper Air, Helo2: @ 26mm

-Z

Back
Top Bottom