Suunto Zoop Novo vs Scubapro Aladin Sport Matrix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

naui_bigfoot

Registered
Reaction score
I am in the market for my first dive computer and I was sold on the ever popular Zoop Novo - however I'm a type of person that likes to try other things than the most popular. I wanted informed opinions on the Scubapro Aladin which has caught my eye and I could get a really good deal on - under $200 for a gently used one.

How does the Aladin measure up to the Zoop? Has anyone used the Aladin or both and have a preference?

I know the Aladin has bluetooth and digital compass and seemed a lot easier to upload dive info to Mac or PC? Zoop needs a USB cord.

Thanks

I know the Aladin has bluetooth and digital compass and seemed a lot easier to upload dive info to Mac or PC? Zoop needs a USB cord.

These advantages alone are worth getting the Aladin instead of the Zoop by a wide margin.

Other features specific to the Aladin:

• Three Dive modes: Scuba, Freediving and Gauge.
  • Active back light
  • CR2450 user-replaceable battery is rated for two/three years or 200/300 dives, whichever comes first (battery compartment is independent from electronics).
  • Dive data can be easily transferred, stored and analyzed on a PC/Mac, plus the system is also Android and iOS app compatible, all using the new Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy interface.

Few months ago I bought a brand new Zoop Novo but sold it quickly and we are in the process of selling our Suunto computers we use in our dive school's training/rental fleet and replacing them with the The Aladin SPORT (Matrix).

https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.co...uters/aladin-sport-matrix-wrist-dive-computer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom