Suunto Vyper Novo and USB cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi- I am new to diving but fairly familiar with computers and peripherals - I just don't know how to connect the USB cable to the Vyper novo. Looked on the Internet, Youtube, etc even the user guide show no diagrams. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance..

@Romain Briard the download button is on the left side edge of the computer. I think when the computer is in TIME mode it will recognize the data transfer and should have that on screen. The USB cable you have is called the D series cable (kinda round with 2 pins). I would recommend you try Subsurface for your dive logs vs the DM5 Suunto program. Subsurface is free and runs under windows, macs and linux OS.
Actually I don't have the Novo Vyper but I do use the Vyper Air and with the exception of the cable type I think they work pretty much the same way.

By the way Welcome to the board.

There is a red dot on the end of the cable, that should face up toward the face of the computer. Press the cable in and turn it clock wise until it stops, should turn a little less than a quarter ways. Should get a data transfer message on the computer. Before you do this have whatever software open and in the right mode. Sometimes I have to mess with it a few times to get the transfer started. I have found if I keep having trouble with the connection, a good soak of the watch in fresh water has helped.

There is a red dot on the end of the cable, that should face up toward the face of the computer. Press the cable in and turn it clock wise until it stops, should turn a little less than a quarter ways. Should get a data transfer message on the computer. Before you do this have whatever software open and in the right mode. Sometimes I have to mess with it a few times to get the transfer started. I have found if I keep having trouble with the connection, a good soak of the watch in fresh water has helped.

Many thanks...the red dot procedure worked! How come this thing is not documented somewhere :)? Anway you solved my headache!

Many thanks, Streydog! This cable to watch connection is not at all intuitive and, as previously noted, 6 years later, still no help in the quick start material or online. Your instruction worked like a charm on first try.

Back
Top Bottom