Suunto Vyper Air Display Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BFRedrocks

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just received a brand new Vyper Air and took it on its first set of dives last Sunday. Everything started off great, but upon getting it in the water, it started to act strange. Two segments of the depth reading LCD wouldn't appear (basically the two vertical segments on the left side of an "8" making the number "8" look like a "3"), and some of the dot matrix LCDs (the time of day for example) were either faded or not working. The battery check read okay and when I would switch to dive mode at the surface, all the segments lit up, but not when I was diving. It was even faded during my surface interval between dives. Furthermore, after downloading the dives to my computer, I noticed that my second dive reported a ceiling of 166 feet (which seemed really odd because I only dove to 75 feet with a TBT of 35 mins so I wasn't in decompression) and the tissue loading was reporting off the charts.

In any case, I am concerned about the computer. I will probably have the battery changed out just because I don't know how long the one that came with the compputer has been in there, but I really don't think its a battery issue. Any thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom