Suunto Viper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigDiver

Reaction score
I was told by a LDS that the viper compter in the console form can not be put in to the wrist mount. Is this correct? I don't really think this is true, but need an answer.

Thanks

Originally posted by BigDiver
I was told by a LDS that the viper compter in the console form can not be put in to the wrist mount. Is this correct?

Thanks
Absolutely false. I just ditched my console and now wristmount my Vyper.

Thats what I thought, but where did you get the wristmount. Obviously minus the computer? And what was the cost?

I would think that any Suunto dealer could order you the wrist strap and attached boot.....although perhaps your mis-informed LDS could not since according to them it is not possible ;-)

Not sure of the cost....I would think US$20-30.

You can search for dealers on the Sea-Quest website...or E-mail Sea-Quest (US distributor of Suunto gear) and ask them.

http://findlocation.com/Seaquest/SeaQuest_Search.htm

Thats what I thought, but where did you get the wristmount. Obviously minus the computer? And what was the cost?
I bought my wristmount kit from my LDS for $25.00. If you pop your Vyper out of the console look on the back of it and you'll see four little legs that stick out and there are holes in them. The little holes are for the watch pins to hook the watch strap on. I'd advise not to use the pins or the strap and rig it up with bungee. I got the idea from the recent post that Windknot put up. What you do is get a couple pieces of 1/8" bungee cord and tie a knot on each end. Then you tie the bungee cord down by threading some fishing line through the watch pin holes several times. This is real secure and it would take an awful lot of force
to break. I've reposted Windknot's pics of how this looks below.

vyper bungee wristmount pics
vyper bungee wristmount pics 2

Both large_diver and GP......thanks those are great suggestions and really reinforce what I was thinking.

GP--- Could you put those pics up a different way because it says that I am not allowed to view the site.

GP--- Could you put those pics up a different way because it says that I am not allowed to view the site.
I could email them to you. PM me your email address and I'll send em' to you that way.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom