Suunto Viper Air vs Wisdom 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rottekatz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been diving with a Wisdom 2 for a little over a year (50 dives) and I'm happy with it.
I won a Suunto Vyper Air at the Long Beach Scuba Show and am trying to decide if I should switch. All, on subject, responses would be greatly appreciated.:D
Should I decide to keep and use the Vyper Air, I will purchase a transmitter.

I have dove different Suunto computers over the years, Cobra, Vytec, Vyper, HelO2. I like their computers for recreational diving. Some complain they are too conservative - I have not found that to be the case. I did not care for the HelO2 though. I have not dove the Wisdom 2 but it is similar to the Cobra. From what I can tell I think the Wisdom is solid dive computer and I like the BFN (big fat numbers)

Personally, if you are happy with the Wisdom I would say stick with it as I can only see a couple of reasons to switch 1) Wrist mount 2) Can program multiple gases. On the latter where this is nice is say you are regularly diving NITROX so you set the gas to say 32%. But then during the dive day you grab a cylinder with air and splash without setting the computer to 21%. With the Vyper you can do a gas switch to 21% while underwater and go about your dive.

Wow, lucky you!!!!

I am currently using a Suunto computer for my recreational diving, and I love it. Some people say it is too conservative, but I have never found it to impede on my diving fun. Also, you can change your personal settings.

Have fun, and enjoy!

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom