Suunto QD oring sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverspoint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am looking to replace the orings on my Suunto Cobra QD, but I can not find the sizes for these.

Most are standard sizes, but especially the oring inside the female connector is a problem. As the old oring is badly deformed I cannot measure it.

Anyone?

Hi there. Diverspoint.
Are you referring to the oring of the battery? I have identified some of the orings used in sunnto diving computers including cobra but is for the oring of the battery. Apart from that i have another 150 diferent o-rings for scuba diving.

Hope that will give you some help.

O-Rings for Diving Computers Archives - Premium O-rings Provider for Scuba Diving

Regards
Nicolas

QUOTE="Diverspoint, post: 8004876, member: 453879"]I am looking to replace the orings on my Suunto Cobra QD, but I can not find the sizes for these.

Most are standard sizes, but especially the oring inside the female connector is a problem. As the old oring is badly deformed I cannot measure it.

Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the oring of the battery?

Scuba Gaskets, Q.D. is an acronym for Quick Disconnect. So most probably it is for the female fitting that goes into that assembly.

Couv is correct, it is for the female part of the quick disconnect.

I have now found the correct size. It is 1.5MM CS (cross section) and 3.8MM ID (inner diameter) shore 90 NBR

Apparently this is a pretty special size, as I have by now found 2 companies that may have them. One is Maryland Metrics, that really do not respond to their own email forms. The other is Trelleborg, and I just sent a request for a quote to them.

Hi Couv,

I looked on the PAI site, they do not have it in their list. At least not what I could find.

But I will keep looking

Maryland metrics have it in the catalog, but not in real life. Trelleborg needs to make it om special order.

I am now beginning to doubt the measurements, as I do not think that Suunto has to order them only for this QD.

I did find out that the partnumber from Aqualung is K5168. On http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/aqualung/ is the complete Aqualung parts list, and they have different partnumbers for the QD then Suunto.

I will keep looking

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom